28.12.11

October 24th: Tim Collins

Anthroposcene Evolution:

Men and women touching everything.
-Art and design can change the flow of conversation between human and earth
-Everything he does is life and practice
- "My wife and I, we've got a great conversation going."
"How to access ethics: empathy

Context:
earth art
-Ecological art

Social and ecological are not different:
-Bevys
-Ukeles -- nevermind creating for self, create for the globe
-Sonfesit
-Haacke -- cleaning a river is art

Social Art:
-Ikeda
-Littoral
-Prigan
-Vanwesten
-Wochenklauser

Anthroposcene Art: Expedition Art
-Boettger
-Boetzkes
-Bunting
-Remos
-Kurt
-Manacorda
-Witzke

Aesthetics and Subjectivity:

A. Bowie
-History and theory through working hands.
"This is how I think I could have done it better"

"We need to be responsible for whatever practice we step our toes in."

Ecology within and ecology without
-Poison Oak
--Gentle Touch

Can he claim authorship for it?

"Is it art? Good question. I'm not too worried about it... The process was art."

Kester --

Practice-Theory-Practice-Theory.. the path of the tree.

Nature as significant other

collinssandgoto.com

Significant truth vs. aesthetic truth

"Is it the trunk, the branches or the leafy top that makes it a tree?

There's a POTENTIAL for exchange.