What does culture mean?
-modern?
Mpstmodern?
culture=presence
--Workshop:
---What does the object divulge about its culture?
---Describe the objec without its purpose or function
Workshop 1: Anna
I HEART SHARKS BUTTON
-If a message is important, its put on the internet/ the internet is important to the culture's message
-They don't trust children under three years of age
-Their culture relies on symbology to convey messages
-There must be some sort of anti-shark movement to warant a button to indicate her feelings for sharks
-They love stating the obvious
Description of the object:
-its about the size of a £2 coin
-its equipt with a safety pin
-a statement is printed on it
I'M CREATIVE BUTTON
-It's a culture that values creativity
_Geared towards children
-SUMA plays a role in supporting creativity
-color is importnat
-simplicity is important
Description of the object:
-Its the size and shape of a viscuit
-It conveys a message
-Its colorful
-It comes with a safety pin
Personal Associations:
-This is a button I created
-I made it in collusion with the education program I headed
-IThe eudcationprogram is to inspire children to go to SUMA
-SUMA is the SOuthern Utah Museum of Art
-The button was made for every child in the district
Neologism: A new word or phrase that is only used by the speaker
Metalanguage constructs its own tyrrany
How does one be truthful? Truthfulness = Awareness